What do they say about the cobbler’s kids having no shoes? Well, the Dabbled Studios website was looking a bit dated, and wasn’t as easy to keep updated as it should have been, so it was definitely time to squeeze in an upgrade and a bit of a facelift.
- Freshen the Logo – the old logo was difficult to read a small sizes, and was basically a text logo with a dash of dandelion.
- Keep the Dandelion – The dandelion photo (used as a site background) and the dandelion image was definitely branding that we wanted to keep.
- Have a little fun with the design – we do web design, not corporate accounting. There was no reason not to be a little creative. Related: have some fun with CSS3.
- Be responsive – The old site was not mobile friendly or responsive… that just wasn’t on the radar several years ago when it was designed.
- Make it easier to update the portfolio with new projects. Business would get busy and maybe all we’d have time to do was stick up a blog post about a new project completion. But that project wasn’t making it to our recent projects page.
- Include some case studies, or at least more extensive writeups, on some featured projects.
- Create a new Facebook page.
In the next several posts, I’ll talk about what we’ve done, and where we still need to go.